Painting the interior of your home is a great way to increase the resale value of your home. A new paint job makes the exterior newer and brightens any room you wish to have redone. Although, a new paint job is a common DIY project for most homeowners, it can be overwhelming when faced with the task. Getting professional Ocean County interior painting services, is something you should consider if you lack the expertise and time. Professional paint jobs can fit your budget and timeline and can be done correctly by experienced staff.
Painting contractors do more than roll paint on your walls. The benefit of professional interior painting services in Ocean County is that it can be done fast and have the areas cleaned up after the contractor is done. Some of the tasks that a contractor should do include:
- Moving furniture to get to the paint job area.
- Coverage of areas that will not be painted.
- Preparing the surface before painting by filling in holes, evening out the surface, light sanding and scraping away loose paint.
- Priming the surface.
- Applying two coats of paint to the wall and ceiling.
- Painting the trim and molding.
- Touch-ups of missed spots.
- Clean up and removal of tarps and drop cloths.
- A final inspection with the contractor and homeowner.
Ocean County Interior Painting Services | The Process of Finding The Right Painting Contractor
Research Ocean County Painting Contractors
The bare minimum a painting contractor should possess is a license and insurance coverage. Finding painting companies online can be beneficial because you can read rating and reviews by past clients. The best painting contractor should have been in business for years and have a long list of satisfied customers.
Most painting contractors are small local companies. The types of services each painting contractors can offer, vary depending on expertise. Some can only offer painting and others can offer more services like plaster repairs, wallpapering, trim and molding. Personal referrals are the best leads for finding painting contractors. Asking colleagues, family and friends for recommendations is great for leads.
Interview Painting Contractors in Ocean County
In addition to online research its also a good idea to have phone interviews with the contractor you’re considering for Ocean County interior painting services. Have a pen and paper handy as you ask your questions. A few questions you should ask include:
- Will you share a few references from similar projects you’ve completed recently?
- Who will be working on the project? Are they employees or subcontractors?
- Are you licensed and insured? Please provide your contractor license number and certificate of insurance.
- What brand and type of paint do you use?
- Is the price of the paint included in the estimate?
- How many coats of paint are included?
- Do you prefer for the residents not to be in the home during the job?
- What are your payment expectations?
Vet Your Top Prospects
Once you have a handful of potential painting contractors its a good idea to get references from them so you can reach out and conduct quick interviews. This will allow you to have a shortlist of companies that you can contact for estimates. Some questions you should ask your references are:
- Was the project completed on time?
- Were you satisfied with their work?
- Did your project run over budget?
- Were the contractor and any subcontractors professional and courteous?
- Would you hire them again?
Get Estimates Done In Writing
Out of the handful of contractors you selected for Ocean County interior painting services, call at least three for estimates. The painting contractor should come to your house for a walkthrough and you should let them know which interior parts to your home needs painting. Then the company will send you an estimate in writing. Make sure the estimate includes:
- Contact information: Company name, address, telephone number and website.
- Total cost including taxes.
- Scope of the project: Should include the areas to be painted, details of the prep work that will be done and the application process.
- Paint specifications: What paint and other materials will be used.
- Start dates and completion dates.
- Terms and conditions: Payment terms should be clear and easy to understand.
Although the price of the paint job shouldn’t be the deciding factor in the painting contractor you choose. Consider the companies track record for completing jobs on budget and customer reviews.
Looking for the Best Ocean County Interior Painting Services?
Productive Painting offers professional, high quality exterior and interior commercial and residential painting services to the Ocean County, NJ area as well as other parts of New Jersey. With over 20 years experience, you can trust Productive Painting with all of your NJ commercial and residential painting and needs, as well as a variety of other expert services including power washing, gutter cleaning, wallpaper, drywall, carpentry, and more! Service towns include: Long Beach Twp, Jackson, Brick, Wall, Toms River, Lavalette, Mantoloking, Manchester, Barnegat, Ocean Twp, Pine Beach, and many more! For more information, call us at (877)298-9688 or check out our website.
NJ Power Washing & Painting Services
Monmouth County Painting Company
Ocean County Commercial Painting | Reasons to Use a Professional
Monmouth County Painting Contractor
Monmouth County Commercial Painting
Monmouth County Commercial Painter
Lavallette Painting Contractor